What is floating suction ?
What is floating suction ? This kind of systems are used within storage tanks for petroleum and aviation products. It always floats on the surface of the liquid, the inlet to the pump is held in the clean dense product regardless of the constantly changing liquid level. For tanks with floating roofs, large bore roof skimmers move with the roof to drain away unwanted liquid.
Floating suction come in a range of designs to suit buried, above ground, semi-buried and vertical tanks as well as for use with articulated drainage units with a floating ceiling/roof.
Floating Suctions have the following advantages when compared with permanently fixed bleeding nozzles:
- The product is always transferred in a defined distance under the liquid level
- Contamination dirt, sediments, solid particles and heavy fluids remain on the tank bottom ensuring constant quality, independent from liquid level
- Ease of steering and long lifetime due to the swivel joint ball bearing
- Easy to mount due to internal swivel joint flange
- Robustness against pressure conditions (pressure variations) in tank and tube
- Minimal vortex formation through optimized inlet with anti-vortex suction
- Pressure-proof floats
Floating Suction Material and Technical Date:
Material of product carring parts: aluminum, carbon steel, stainless steel
Material of seals: buna, viton, PTFE,etc
Design pressure: pressureless
Design pressure: -19°C to 100°C
Please provide below parameters of floating suction when you send inquiry:
- Nominal diameter
- Tank drawing
- Liquid name
- Standard of connection flange